Frequenty Asked Question - Paul Hall & Associates

Can I add a motorcycle onto an existing car insurance policy?

Having the right motorcycle coverage is very important and also very different from your car insurance, so you will need a separate policy. The good news is you could qualify for a multiple-policy discount.

Did you receive an Random Selection Letter from the BMV?

We can help you take care of that! Get us the letter and we will do the rest. To learn more, read our blog about the details on this.

Do I need to buy insurance when I rent a car?

Car rental companies charge daily fees for their own insurance to damages in your rental agreement. However, it is possible that your current auto policy provides rental car coverage. This typically depends on what type of coverage you currently carry on your policy. If you have full coverage on a vehicle, this should carry over. Contact us so we can give you the exact coverage limits that may transfer.

Do temporary permit drivers need insurance?

If your child is getting their learner's permit, you may be wondering when you need to add them to your insurance policy. As long as they are driving with a licensed adult supervising them, they do not need to be listed on your your insurance policy. When they get their official license, give us a call then so we can get them added as a driver to your policy.

How long should it take to settle an insurance claim?

Every claim is unique, and many things can affect how long it takes to resolve a claim. One of the many benefits of having an assigned insurance agent is how they can assist you in keeping any claim moving along. However, we want you to know that our claims teams are made up of experienced professionals who work with claims similar to yours day in and day out. They'll always do their best to get your claim resolved efficiently. You can help your claim process go smoothly by providing us with all the information you can about the incident. Talk with your claims team to make sure you've given them everything they need.

I need a new copy of my auto ID card. How do I get that?

If you are a current client, click HERE and we will email you one or contact our office and we can make arrangements that work for you.

 Most companies also have a website or mobile app you can download that allows you to pull this information up yourself. 

Is flood insurance included in homeowners insurance?

Flood coverage is not covered by your standard homeowner's insurance policy. In most instances flash flooding and surface water run off from heavy rains are considered flooding and also excluded from all property policies. There are special policies you can purchase that would cover your home for flood insurance. Let us know if we can get you a quote on that today.

Is windshield repair covered by insurance?

In most cases, this type of damage is covered under your Comprehensive Coverage. Depending on your deductible, it may be worth getting an estimate for the damage before turning in the claim.

What does a full coverage auto insurance cover?

 Full coverage is often a misinterpreted term, and doesn’t refer to a policy that covers “everything.” Instead, full coverage typically refers to a policy that includes both liability coverage and coverage for damage to your property. Your Auto insurance Policy Declaration page lists the coverage you have selected, and one of our agents can help explain the breakdown of your policy coverages.

What is a Deductible?

A deductible is the amount you've agreed to pay out of your pocket before the insurance company pays for any covered losses. For example, if you're in an accident that causes $4,500 worth of damage to your car and your deductible is $500, you will only have to pay $500 toward the repair and the insurance company would pay the remaining $4,000.

What is a Good Student Discount?

The good student discount is an auto insurance discount available that rewards young drivers for doing well in school. To qualify, the driver must be between 16 and 24 years old, a full-time student enrolled in high school or college, and must provide documentation that the student has a “B” grade average or better or an average of at least a 3.0 for all subjects combine.